Payoff Unit for Stem Pack/Formers
Smooth payoff and steady back tension are provided by this system.
The main component of this unit is an inverted cone, which is placed on top of the former and the wire. This cone moves downward as the wire pays off, gently forcing the wire outwards around the contour of the cone and past a smooth ring on top. The wire is then guided through a Wyrepak cap and tension brush (PD-1) affixed to the top of the stem pack/former.
A “snagger” switch can be included as an option to signal the unwinding system to stop should a tangle or snag occur, although this is not normally necessary.
- The slots positioned in the inverted cone allow the cone to protrude inside the stem pack/former, insuring that a smooth conical surface is presented to the material being paid off at all times.
- The unit can be used on all continuous pull processes, and is considered essential in pull and cut situations.
|Item||*Coil Size Bore||*Approx. Outer Diameter|
|CSR-8||400 mm (16")||700 mm (28")|
|CSR-8||500 mm (20")||700 mm (28")|
|CSR-10||600 mm (24")||700 mm (28")|
* all other sizes are made to order
This unit will pay off.
- Stranded copper or bunched copper wire up to 6mm o/d (.25") max.
- Solid single copper wire up to 5mm o/d (0.2") max.
- Solid single steel wires, low and high carbon up to 4mm o/d (0.16") max.
- Flexible plastic insulated copper wire up to 12mm o/d (.50") max.
- Plastic coated steel wire up to 5mm o/d (0.2") max.
- Other material can be accommodated.
- Standard units are available for 16" and 20" stem packs with 4 or 6 tubes.
- Continuous operating speeds up to 600 ft/min (200 meters); consult technical department if higher speeds are required.
- For pull and cut processes, speeds up to 600 ft/min (200 meters) are normal.